Monday, February 25, 2019

hiyaaa... so I want to talk a little bit about why I choose the specific scenes that I am thinking about. 

So the first shot as previously discussed is going to be  a mid- shot that shows the relationship between the girl and this guy. I want it to be portrayed that there is trust between both of them because I have found that about 61.9% of rapes are conducted by intimate partners.
  However, I want to amend my next shot to show a shot of her holding a cup, thus implying that she is impaired. I think this is essential to the message of the film because it shows that she was venerable to the attack. I found that Alcohol can impare your judgment and inhibit the ability to fight off an attacker. 
Then as planned I want to have a close up to again establish a relationship and enforce the idea that rape mostly occur by the people you know and trust...
 
YOU GUYS HAVE JUST BEEN APART OF A REALIZATION MID- SENTENCE
 
As I was writing this, I got this idea that maybe I should change the order of  my shots, I think that maybe it should begin with a girl reporting her rape to a counselor at her college.( I found in my research that a majority of rapes that are reported to a college counselor are not reported to the police even though THEY ARE REQUIRED TO) And as she is telling him the story, she  is flashing back to scenes of the rape. This would help to not explicitly show the whole scene but still portray the same idea. I then want to end it with something like the counselor saying "it was your fault for drinking to much" or "are you sure you didn't give consent" or "you should have worn a longer skirt". 
This is similar to what happened in the documentary "hunting ground" except, when the girl reported she never even got a chance to tell her story, immediately they blamed her and asked her to look back at what she could have done differently. 

I think the order is now going to go something like this: 
Wait... I don't know if i should open it up with the same party scene and just put a voice memo over it. For example, "I was having such a good time and he seemed like such a good guy". In other words, the victim would be narrating her story or should I just let the images speak for themselves. I WISH I COULD DO LIKE A POLL OR SOMETHING :( 
    Anyways... 
For now I am going to stick with just the shots and if I change my mind later I could always just insert a voice memo. 

I am going to keep them real simple, just to get an idea of things, next blog I will go into more detail and even maybe even upload a script and story board ;0 

1. Mid-shot- girl and boy dancing close 
2. Close- up of girl and boy legs/hips.. you see a cup but it is not obvious 
3. Close-up of girl and boys faces... the proximity between them. 
4. More shots that show relationship/ having a good time ( maybe close- ups of their feet dancing, a few perspective shots that show the girl smiling or vise-versa.) 
5. You would hear the music kind of fade and then a voice saying "and then what happened?"
6. Shot of the victim talking "well then he leaned in to kiss me" 
7. maybe a perspective shot of her smiling(this implies the kiss already happened) or them kissing I don't know yet ( at party) 
8. Switches to show the college counselor saying "ok?"
9. Mid-shot, shows the college counselor talking to the victim from the side. 
10. Girl-"we continued to dance and I didn't notice it then but he slowly moved us toward the bathroom"
11. Shot of them leaning against the bathroom door ( long- shot) here we put a voice over as the action is happening so "before I knew it we where leaning against the bathroom door, he again leaned in to kiss me but this time he also went for the door handle".
12. close up of hand opening door 
13. mid- shot of girl giggling and stumbling into the bathroom as drink falls to the ground.
14. close-up of empty cup falling to the ground- an echoing sound 
14.close-up of girls face - sad ( in office) "umm .. then I stumbled into the bathroom, while we where still kissing and he shut the door".
15. (over the shoulder shot) showing college counselor. Showing reaction. 
16. "He proceeded to.. um unbutton my pants... then, I pushed him away and urged him to stop. However, he had such a tight grip on me, I couldn't move . He pinned me to the wall and...
17. Close up of girl tearing up 
18. Mid- shot of college counselor "how did you say no?"
19. Mid- shot of Girl crying "I told him to stop"... 
20. close up"how loud did you say it?" 
21. Girls reaction close- up 
22  close -up "how many times did you say it" (counselor)  
23. close-up "I don't now, enough times" (girl) 
24. close- up of bruises of wrists as she wipes her tears (girl )  
25. close-up  "what where you wearing, was it provocative in any way" ( counselor).. 
26. Close- up " I don't think so " (girl)
27.  Close- up "Do you know him" (counselor)
28.  Close- up "I met him at the party" (girl)
29. Mid- shot or close up I don't know yet "You don't know maybe he is going through a hard time" (counselor)
30. Look of shock on the girls face (close- up) 
31.  Close- up of feet and chair as it pulls out . Voice over " wait, sit down" 
32. Mid- shot that shows her grabbing her purse.  "wait, lets talk about this" 
33. Long- shot that shows her walking out the door " Don't report it to the police" 
34. Door slams shut. 

Stay tuned for, the final script, the story board and maybe even a little research/ discussion on costume design, setting and cast ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my Film opening ENJOY!!!!! 🤩😍