Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Bonjourrrrr....

So I had promised a screen play/ script. However, I realized that I do not know how to properly write one thus ... GOOGLE.

This is what I am going to use for a reference:
However, I am not sure if this is the correct format. I think I am going to ask Mrs. Stocklosa, if this is a good template to base my screen play/ script off of. I started writing a little bit but, not enough to share with you guys. 

I also started my story board....Um, yeah. This project has also helped me discover that I am probably not the best artist. I usually use reference pictures but you can't use a reference picture when the image is in your head. I don't know... I think i am going to re-do what I have done so far because what I pictured is not being translated onto paper. However, I do think it would be achieved when filming. Anyways, we will find out. 

Here are the first few I have drawn: 



 In my previous blog  I listed out all the scenes:
This is the the opening shot. It is used as an establishing shot however, it is a mid- shot.  I choose this because the place of the crime isn't as important as the crime itself. This shot shows that the two characters at a party. In addition to this is shows there relationship, right off the bat. This is the most important aspect of this shot. THERE IS TRUST. This is conveyed through the proximity of the two characters. Furthermore, I want to include the opening credits in this shot. I thought it would be nice that the credits would move with the tempo of the music and the flashing of the party light s. Flash- directed by: ..., Flash- starring: .... OR I could make the shot a little longer in where the two characters are dancing. I think it would be cool to put in some type of salsa or something, something with a little more tempo so that the rhythm of the dancing, the movement of the shot and the credits all flow. I was thinking of maybe even trying a type of tracking shot but as they dance and with the ins and outs of this shot incorporate the credits in addition, to the flashing of the lights and the beat of the music. In other words, make it flow and look DOPE.

This is the twelfth shot in my previous blog post, I am unsure about this one. If it in incorporated, it has to be very quick, I think it would look very... idk mechanic. I think this would be decided when filming. For this shot I have to make sure the lighting is the same from the previous shots and make sure the girl character is still leaning against the wall and that is visible, so that it is not just a shot of a hand opening a door and it is cohesive. This is one of the ones I am debating on re- drawing, it doesn't capture my vision.

 This is the shot that comes before the previous shot, shot 11. Again, I drew this not in the angle I had previously pictured. It would be way more to the side and the audience would be able to see the hand, not to obvious but enough so that the two shots are cohesive and not awkward. (SIDE NOTE: totally unrelated to the card, but I put the story board on flash cards because I am so indecisive about the order of the shots)


 This is the second shot, as described on my previous blog. I really like this shot. However, I think if I do amend it to a tracking shot, this shot would just meld with the first one. Also, I don't know how I am going to incorporate the cup as they dance. I think what I might do is bring the cup into play when they are leaning against the door and in the POV shots of her, make them a little more shaky or even blurry.


                     
                                                             This is the third shot, a close up between the boy and the girl, this was only included because I wanted to reinforce the relationship between the two characters, if it is incorporated. It is going to be quick. I think maybe that this could be the shot that comes after the tracking shot of the dancing. It would end like the first card depicts and then cut to this shot. Then from there to the conversation in the office with the college counselor.

   This is just me getting started, I can almost assure you that my story board is most likely going to be way clearer and easier to follow before film time comes. It is also going to be WAY, WAY LONGER. This was just a few shots that I wanted to discuss, I will post the completed story board and the completed script soon.

I have to go now.... talk to ya'll soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my Film opening ENJOY!!!!! 🤩😍